You love the written word. You notice little details and you care deeply about accurate representation in written language. You abide by journalistic standards. You are able to take writing up a level or two because you can see what's well written and what needs work in any copy that comes across your table. You are adept at removing superficial language and fine tuning sentences. You are skilled at developmental editing and able to see both the bigger picture of the story being conveyed as well as the little details that hold it together. You are also comfortable arguing your point as to the importance of using specific language or finding more resources to tell the story you wish to convey for any publication we produce or contribute to. You will work with the Creative Team to create and deliver final content for the client. You also will be in charge of ensuring that any content we produce meets high quality standards that we follow at Elf. You will guide copywriters to create compelling, authentic and well written content each and every time.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
• Confidence in leading a team of writers and working with a multidisciplinary team. Able to hold your own while working well with a team.
• Experience working in an agency or corporate environment required. Minimum 3 years in an editorial capacity.
• Demonstrated editorial ability in substantive/developmental editing.
• Impeccable grammar and spelling.
• Has high integrity and is self-reliant and conscientious by nature.
• Demonstrated strong writing ability in a variety of styles.
• Keen understanding of Chicago and AP manuals of style.
• Communications, English, writing or advertising degree preferred.
• Digitally savvy.
• Quick thinking on your feet.
• Naturally curious.
• Excellent researcher and enjoys a good challenge.